R. Clint Zollinger Jr.
Attorney and Managing PARTNER
Clint decided to become a lawyer to follow in the footsteps of his hero grandfather who spent four decades as an Ohio labor and litigation attorney. Early in his career, he chose to carry on this legacy in the area of workers' compensation. In 2010 the Ohio State Bar Association certified him as a Specialist in Ohio Workers' Compensation Law.
Clint counsels and advocates for employers on a multitude of workers' compensation, safety, health and employment issues. He has also represented businesses in civil litigation, employment law, commercial law, construction law and more.
He received his bachelor's degree at Washington & Jefferson College in Pennsylvania and continued his education at University of Akron School of Law where he earned his juris doctorate.
For the better part of his career, Clint was an associate then partner at a large regional firm in Canton. He also worked as an attorney for a small boutique employment law firm in Akron.
Clint's life outside of the office mostly involves enjoying time with his wife, Robin, and young children. He's raced in several triathlons and running events throughout the country. He also actively serves his local community as a board member of Aultman Hospital and as a Little League baseball coach.
UNIVERSITY OF AKRON
Juris Doctor, 1999
WASHINGTON & JEFFERSON COLLEGE
• Supreme Court of Ohio
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
• U.S. Court of Appeals (Sixth Circuit)
Professional Activities & Recognition
• Certified as a Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law by the Ohio State Bar Association
• Leadership Stark County, 19th Class
• Member, Stark County and Akron Bar Associations
• Member, Ohio State Bar Association
• Adjunct Professor, Malone University (2002-2009)
Publications and Presentations
• HR Workshop: Defending Workers' Compensation Claims, May 2017
• Potholes, Pitfalls and Psych Problems: Avoiding Common Workers' Compensation Mistakes, November 2016
• Regular Continuing Legal Education Instructor for National Business Institute in areas of advanced workers' compensation, aggravation injuries, psychological allowances, 'stress' claims, Medicare/Medicaid issues, hearing and trial strategies, claim investigation and defense, and occupational diseases
Civic/Charitable Activities and Associations
• Board Member, Aultman Hospital, 2009-present
• Coach, North Canton Little League, 2016-present
• Board Member, Canton Country Day School, 2013-2014
• Board Member & Past President, Canton Jaycees, 1999-2007
• Board Member & Past President, Canton Preservation Society, 2000-2003